Corporate Office in Belmont, F/T (40 hours)
Woodmont Real Estate Services is the premier independently owned Northern California property management company specializing in multifamily and commercial properties. We provide 3rd- party management services, managing a diverse portfolio of office, retail, industrial and multifamily properties valued at over $4.5 billion. With more than four decades of industry experience and expertise. Woodmont delivers comprehensive real estate management services to both institutional and individual clients.
Woodmont is seeking a Property Accounting Manager who will lead the Financial Services Accounting Team, and will be responsible for processing and supervision of multiple accounting entities. This person will need to have an attention to detail, previous leadership and employee management experience, and superior accounting computer administration skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the supervision of five to seven A/P Specialists who in turn are responsible for the review and payment of multiple property invoices.
- Assist with preparation of employee performance and merit reviews, training, and employment development.
- Review and set-up new vendors in Real Page, MRI, Yardi, Avidxchange accounting systems, and any new systems as assigned.
- Review and maintain vendor status through the Compliance Depot database. Periodically notify vendors and properties when their status has changed from approved to any other status.
- Review and approve daily Positive Pay Exceptions.
- Respond to any AvidPay Treasury inquiries.
- Assist VP/Controller with monthly review of multiple financial statements. Due dates range from the 4th business day through the end of each month.
- Maintain updates and changes to the Investor database. Prepare and distribute monthly investor distribution checks. Research any payment inquiries. Provide tax preparer package of distribution payments at end of year.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for any properties assigned by VP/Controller.
- Maintain auto-pay utility schedules for all properties. Responsible for setting up new auto-pay invoices and cancelling existing ones upon request.
- Prepare quarterly replacement reserve reimbursement requests for various properties.
- Prepare annual 1099’s and 1096 reports for Multi-Family and Commercial properties.
- Backup VP/Controller for Real Page user settings and password maintenance.
- Portal Administrator for Avidxchange.
- Respond to any vendor/resident invoice payment research.
- Special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Four year Accounting degree required. Knowledge of property accounting including cash and accrual books.
- Language Ability: Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must have excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Real Page, Yardi, Avidxchange, and MRI experience preferred; other property management software packages helpful.
- Mathematical Skills: Strong mathematical skills required. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: none required
- Full Time benefits include paid vacation and sick time, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and 401(k) Plan
- Excellent work environment with a committed team
- Drug Free Workplace
- Competitive Salary
For consideration, please submit your resume by completing the form below or downloading the application here.
Woodmont is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, creed, ancestry, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.