Regional Office in Santa Rosa, F/T (40 hours)
Woodmont is seeking an Assistant Property Manager (Commercial) professional who will be responsible for some management and all administrative aspects of a commercial property portfolio. This position will assist the managers with property appearance, vendor management and tenant relations. In this position one must provide service in a helpful, friendly and professional manner and must be diplomatic at all times when resolving tenant and employee concerns. Must have the ability to work well with all levels of personnel including asset managers/owners, company management, staff employees and vendors. The Assistant Property Manager will work under the leadership of the Senior Property Manager and Regional Manager to complete management and administrative duties.v
- Achieve the highest level of tenant retention and collections while being prudent with operating expenses, all while effectively maintaining the property portfolio.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with tenants, staff, management, vendors and ownership. Ensure tenant satisfaction.
- Assist the manager in calculating operating expense estimates and reconciliation and preparing invoices and backup to the tenants. Answer tenant questions regarding the billings.
- Assist in the preparation of lease abstracts for new leases and renewals in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- At the direction of the managers monitor vendor and tenant insurance certificates.
- Accountable for the property portfolio maintaining accurate and thorough tenant files, ensuring all required documents are properly signed and filed properly in tenant file.
- Assist the managers to ensure all onsite operations are in compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Assist the managers to monitor and enforce lease terms of agreements; billings and collections of rent and other charges per lease. Perform all assignments related to collecting rent. Deposit all monies in the bank OR use the electronic check scanner.
- At the direction of the managers help with the day to day operations of the property portfolio, such as monitoring on-site operation and collection programs as required by company. Prepare and serve delinquent notices, 3 day notices, and assist attorney with or file unlawful detainer actions in coordination with the Managers.
- Ensure office, vacant suites/spaces and building common areas meet company standards, maintained in a clean, neat and orderly fashion at all times.
- As needed, assist the Leasing Broker with tours, broker lunches, and tenant improvement projects.
- Ensure that all administrative reporting and filing are completed accurately and timely.
- Participate in training seminars and educational opportunities.
- Conduct final suite/space inspection after tenant move-outs. Process Security Deposit refunds, arrange for the suite/space to be put on the vacancy master and collect all keys and access cards from the tenant.
- At the direction of the managers, process vendor invoices according to client policies and procedures. Timely and accurately code and submit for payment all invoices to the Managers and/or Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Assist the managers to schedule and coordinate payments including timely progressive payments procuring sufficient documents from vendors such as waivers and subcontractor releases.
- Assist the Managers to schedule vendors and obtain bids.
- Address tenant concerns, maintenance requests, work with vendors and staff with a friendly positive approach and in a timely manner.
- Assist the managers with monitoring the curb appeal of the property portfolio, make arrangements for completion of service requests and direct custodians and service personnel to maintain the highest level of quality on the property at all times. Maintain Project Lists to track work in progress.
- Monitor and maintain adequate office supplies/equipment following WRES procedures.
- Assist managers to ensure that all Fire and Life Safety Equipment, as well as elevators are maintained and inspected regularly and that all permits are current.
- Maintain building rules and regulations. Perform all lease administration, upholding all obligations of the lease for both tenants and landlord from move–in to move–out.
- May be required to be available for after hour emergency consultations.
- May be required to participate in WRES Company Emergency Response Program.
- Possess and maintain proficient computer skills including, but not limited to the approved property software platform, MS Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner. Organize work, set priorities and meet critical time sensitive deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information of applicants, tenants, employees and former employees and tenants.
- Travel to sites required when needed.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor degree preferred but not required. Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience preferred with proven management and customer service skills. Knowledge of tenant, eviction and applicable federal state and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to the commercial property management industry desired. California State Real Estate Salesperson’s license is preferred but not required.
- Language Ability: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend reports and invoices. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Polished interpersonal skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to assimilate and analyze information pertaining to market and economic conditions that may impact client goals.
- Computer Skills: Must have excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of the property management software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet. Woodmont utilizes MRI, AVID, WorkSpeed, MYCOI and IMPAK. Having experience in any of these platforms would be Ideal.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as add, subtract, multiply and divide, calculate discounts, interest, bonuses, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to assess financial performance and accurately forecast future financial performance. Firmly understand components of Total Operating Revenue, Variable Operating Expenses and Net Operating Income desirable.
- Certifications, Licenses: California State Real Estate License is preferred. RPA designation through BOMA desired. WRES will support employee in obtaining both the License and the RPA designation. California Driver’s License Required.
- Health benefits including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Vacation, sick plans and more!
- Competitive Salary with bonus eligibility
- 401(K) Plan
- Team Atmosphere
- Drug-free workplace
For consideration, please submit your resume by completing the form below or download the application.
Woodmont is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, creed, ancestry, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.