Corporate Office in Belmont, F/T (40 hours)
Woodmont is of one of the largest private third party property management company on the SF Peninsula. We are searching for a Commercial Property Accountant to join our team. The Financial Services Department is seeking someone who has at least 3 years of experience in commercial property accounting and is looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and be challenged.
This position is located in the Belmont corporate office and reports to the Commercial Accounting Manager.
- Maintain separate general ledgers for each assigned property. Properties are processed in a variety of ways: cash basis only, accrual basis only or both cash and accrual basis. The number of assigned properties is dependent upon the complexity of the property accounting, CAM, the type of building and the number of tenants. Each Property Accountant may process up to 15 separate financial statements each month for different ownership entities.
- Maintain tenant database:
– Input lease abstracts (new leases and amendments).
– Input cash receipts.
– Input tenant charges and changes/adjustments.
– Process move-outs and security deposit refunds.
– Prepare estimated and actual CAM reconciliations (quarterly and annually).
– Review rent rolls and delinquency reports.
– Process monthly tenant statements for mailing to tenants
- Handle general accounting: review A/P Prelim report for coding and description accuracy, G/L account analysis, journal entries, bank recs, management fee calculations, reconciliation of scheduled rent to actual rent billed, amortization and depreciation schedules if required.
- Maintain cash records for each property and perform cash management functions.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for property owners based upon their individual reporting requirements. Meet due dates which range from the 4th business day through 25th of each month.
- Daily interface with property and regional managers. Work closely with other commercial property accountant team members and our A/P Specialists.
- CAM reconciliations are done using a variety of methods: primarily in MRI but a few in Excel.
- Maintain property files including insurance, property tax and mortgage documentation on Excel for prepaid, accrued and amortization.
- 4 year Accounting degree is required.
- At least 3 years of property accounting experience.
- Software used: MRI. Must have Excel knowledge at intermediate level.
- Competitive salary and full-time benefits including: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance & 401K Plan.
- Paid vacations, holiday and sick time.
- Drug-free workplace.
- Excellent opportunity to learn and grow with our large property management company.
For consideration, please submit your resume by completing the form below or download the application.
Woodmont is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, creed, ancestry, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.