San Jose, F/T (40 hours)
Woodmont is seeking a professional Commercial Property Manager in the San Jose area. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. The Commercial Property Manager is responsible for all management aspects of a commercial office property including financial performance, staff management, maintenance, property appearance, vendor management and tenant relations. The property manager exercises independent judgment and problem solving for tenants and building responsibilities. Must have the ability to work well with all levels of personnel including asset managers/owners, company management, staff employees and vendors. Must always demonstrate a superior knowledge of the competitive marketplace.
- Accountable for the financial and management aspect of the property.
- Prepare property budget, monitor and explain monthly budget variances.
- Consistently monitor property income and expenses. Achieve the highest level of tenant retention and collections while being prudent with operating expenses, all while effectively maintaining the property.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with tenants, staff, management, vendors and ownership. Ensure tenant satisfaction and resolve issues.
- Prepare lease abstracts for new leases and renewals.
- Manage the property staff including staff development, ensuring proper training of all employees, conducting and monitoring performance by timely completion of performance evaluations, goal setting, employee relations including corrective actions if necessary, scheduling and approving work hours, in accordance with wage and hour laws.
- Develop and implement approved strategic plans for the property, which includes getting bids for capital expenditures.
- Ensure all onsite operations are in compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Monitor and enforce lease terms of agreements; billings and collections of rent and other charges per lease. Perform all assignments related to collecting rent. Deposit all monies in the bank OR use the electronic check scanner.
- Oversee the process and timely completion of capital improvements.
- Prepare and serve delinquent notices, 3 day notices, and assist attorney with or file unlawful detainer actions in coordination with the Regional Manager.
- Ensure office, vacant suites/spaces and building common areas meet company standards, maintained in a clean, neat and orderly fashion at all times.
- As needed, assist the Leasing Broker with tours, broker lunches, and tenant improvement projects.
- Ensure that all administrative reporting and filing are completed accurately and timely, including all monthly financial reporting.
- Conduct final suite/space inspection after tenant move-outs. Process Security Deposit refunds, arrange for the suite/space to be put on the vacancy master and collect all keys and access cards from the tenant.
- Manage the curb appeal of the property, make arrangements for completion of service requests and direct custodians, service personnel and vendors to maintain the highest level of quality on the property at all times. Responsible for conducting monthly walkthroughs with the janitorial and landscaping company representatives. Maintain Project Lists to track work in progress.
- Be available for after hour emergency consultations.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information of applicants, tenants, employees and former employees and tenants.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor degree preferred but not required. Minimum of three years’ industry experience with proven property management and customer service skills. Knowledge of tenant, eviction and applicable federal state and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to the commercial property management industry. California State Real Estate Salesperson’s license is required and RPA, CPM or other designation is desirable.
- Language Ability: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend reports and invoices. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Polished interpersonal skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to assimilate and analyze information pertaining to market and economic conditions that may impact client goals.
- Computer Skills: Must have excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of the property management software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as add, subtract, multiply and divide, calculate discounts, interest, bonuses, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to assess financial performance and accurately forecast future financial performance. Firmly understand components of Total Operating Revenue, Variable Operating Expenses and Net Operating Income.
- Certifications, Licenses: California State Real Estate License is required. CPM designation through IREM or RPA designation through BOMA preferred.
- Competitive salary and full-time benefits including: Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan, paid vacations, holiday and sick time
- Drug-free workplace
For consideration, please submit your resume by completing the form below or download the application.
Woodmont is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, creed, ancestry, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.