Corporate Financial Services in Belmont, F/T (40 hours)
Woodmont Real Estate Services is a premier asset and property management company, we’re proud to offer Northern California over 50 years’ experience managing a diverse portfolio of commercial and multifamily properties. We’re renowned for our hands-on management approach, marketing know-how and in-depth knowledge of submarkets throughout the region. It’s what’s allowed us to create unique strategies that are truly custom to each property. Our mission is to provide superior service, professionalism and respect to everyone who lives and works at the properties we manage. It’s just one of the many ways we are constantly working to exceed our clients’ expectations.
The position is primarily responsible for the processing of multiple accounting entities. This position works closely with our on-site Property Managers, Regional Managers and A/P Specialists.
- Prepare monthly financial statement packages for several entities and owners with various deadlines throughout the month.
- Monthly, Quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting requirements.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Posting of cash receipts
- Update cash registers
- Process move-outs and security deposit refunds
- Enter NSF payments on ledgers and prepare notice
- Review rent rolls and delinquency reports
- Review A/P coding and descriptions
- Perform the closing of the monthly books. Activities may include journal entries, various analysis reports and completion of monthly reporting.
- Bank reconciliations
- Monthly Property Management Fee calculations
- Write-off delinquent accounts per owner guidelines
- Compile cash projections and owner distributions
- Submit financial reports to lenders
- Compile budget packages for Regional Managers
- Compile tax packages for tax accountants
- File business tax licenses for properties
- File 571-L/571-R personal property returns for properties
- Education/Experience: Four-year Accounting degree, knowledge of property accounting, and a minimum of two years of on the job accounting experience required.
- Language Ability: Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Must have excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel. RealPage experience preferred; other property management software packages helpful.
- Mathematical Skills: Strong mathematical skills required. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, bonuses, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations. Basic accounting principles.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: none required
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our convenient Mid-Peninsula location is close to the train station; free employee parking available.
For consideration, please submit your resume by completing the form below or download the application.
Woodmont is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, creed, ancestry, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.