Corporate Office in Belmont, F/T (40 hours)
The Human Resources Assistant position provides administrative support for the department, assists with staffing changes, recruitment duties, payroll and HRIS processing and benefit administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Maintain HRIS system updating name and addresses and other system updates as needed.
- Maintain personnel records in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding process of new employees, place recruitment ads, prepare offer letters for new hires, transfers and promotions.
- Prepare new hire and transfer forms for payroll providing to Talent Acquisition Manager for review and approval.
- Assist Talent Acquisition Manager at career fairs
- Assist Talent Acquisition Manager with the background screening process.
- Review and prepare for payment company credit card invoice for recruitment ads.
- Social Media lead for HR on LinkedIn, Facebook and Glassdoor, etc. Create and update company social media sites promoting Woodmont as an employer of choice.
- Assist with COVID related duties.
- Assist with the offboarding process including preparing internal forms for managers to review with employee during offboarding meeting (Separation Form, Receipt and COBRA documents)
- Completes verifications of employment (current, prior and lending verifications).
- Sort and send payroll checks at a minimum bi-weekly
- Maintaining current labor posters for all new and existing properties in coordination with the HR Manager.
- File, copy, fax, scan, process mail, prepare envelopes for overnight delivery and performs other clerical functions.
- File papers and documents into appropriate employee files (personnel, medical, LOA).
- Prepares new employee, medical and termination files.
- Assembles onboarding new employee and benefits packets.
- Annually prepare files to be stored at off-site storage.
- Assist in the Company Emergency Preparedness Plan specifically with the HR Call Center duties.
- Assists VP of HR, HR Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager and Compensation and Benefits Specialist with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Knowledge of labor laws, HRIS and ATS systems, HIPAA compliance, and adherence to confidentiality is key in this position. Prior UltiPro/UKG and Marketing experience a plus. Familiarity with Social Media websites and strong written communication skills.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor degree or equivalent experience with a minimum one (1) years Human Resources experience. Recruitment and marketing experience highly desirable. Knowledge of labor laws, HIPAA compliance, social media and strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Language Ability: Effective oral and written communication skills with customers, coworkers and management. Ability to read and comprehend reports and invoices. Ability to write basic correspondence.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Excellent interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and proven ability to multi-task.
- Computer Skills: Must have excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel. UltiPro/UKG or other ATS and HRIS system strongly desired.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, bonuses, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
- Great career opportunities with coaching and mentoring
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Team atmosphere
For consideration, please submit your resume by completing the form below or download the application.
Woodmont is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, creed, ancestry, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.