Belmont Corporate Office, F/T (40 hours)
The Regional Property Manager is responsible for directing and coordination of all activities of the properties in their portfolios to ensure that both the company and owners financial and business objectives are achieved. Results are achieved through successful initiatives and strategies that promote the achievement of optimum performance by the properties within their portfolio, while adhering to company policy and procedures. This position is responsible for the full range of property management responsibilities including familiarity of all types of communities and ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws and applicable housing regulations.
Principal Accountabilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement operating plans to maximize both rental income and ancillary income for each site.
- Develop detailed annual operating budgets and periodic reforecasts for each site with assistance of Property Manager consistent with owner objectives according to approved timeline.
- Prepare written monthly variance reports plus other associated reports after analyzing monthly financial package and submit timely.
- Fully accountable for the financial performance of each site.
- Review weekly reports including traffic, availability, delinquency, renter’s insurance, and reasons for move out, among others, and make operating adjustments as necessary.
- Conduct regular site visits of each site to review curb appeal, merchandising of common areas, presentation of model and focus units, personnel review, lease file audits, and any other issues requiring attention. Each site to be visited a minimum of three times monthly.
- Retain high quality site staff by interviewing and hiring candidates that meet company qualifications, training, motivating, and mentoring employees.
- Conduct and monitor performance by timely completion of performance evaluations and goal setting. Address and respond to personnel concerns and challenges promptly in accordance with company policy.
- Approve all time sheets and ensure hours indicated are correct, vacation or sick time is reported and accurate.
- Foster and develop good working relationships with clients, residents, staff and management.
- Create positive resident relations at each site by promoting property customized resident benefit programs and achieve high resident retention rates.
- Recommend necessary and value-added capital projects and oversee execution of capital projects per approved timelines and within budget with only necessary involvement from Building Services.
- Stay abreast of competitive properties and new projects in the pipeline affecting submarkets. Work in conjunction with marketing department to ensure necessary traffic generation and market position.
- Conduct physical inspections of all assets to evaluate condition relative to health, safety, risk management, and overall company standards (including maintenance shops).
- Regularly review and ensure all advertising and promotional materials are effective and of high quality.
- Maintain working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, eviction laws, and other legal issues including knowledge of governmental regulations.
- Develop and foster positive vendor relationships.
- Prepare for and attend all agency inspections, required owner meetings and other meetings as they arise.
- Responsible for timely, consistent and effective communications with ownership, supervisor, residents, vendors and contractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor degree preferred but not required. Minimum of two years prior Multifamily Regional Property Manager experience required. Third-party management experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience. Proven sales, marketing, management and customer service skills. Experience with new developments/lease-ups preferred. Knowledge of tenant, eviction and fair housing laws and applicable federal state and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to the multifamily industry. Familiarity with Federal and California labor laws.
- Language Ability: Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend reports and invoices. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Polished interpersonal skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding and direct staff to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several tangible variables in standardized situations. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities for yourself and others. Ability to assimilate and analyze information pertaining to market and economic conditions that may impact company and region goals.
- Computer Skills: Must have excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Social Media platforms, and the internet. Property Management software experience required. Experience with RealPage and YieldStar experience preferred. Requires use of a Smartphone.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as add, subtract, multiply and divide, calculate discounts, interest, bonuses, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to assess financial performance and accurately forecast future financial performance. Firmly understand components of Total Operating Revenue, Variable Operating Expenses and Net Operating Income.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CA Real Estate Sales person License required. CPM, CPM Candidate and/or ARM designations preferred. Valid California driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Subordinate Jobs reporting to this position:
- Property Manager (directly)
- Property level positions.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The Organization offers a competitive compensation package and health related benefits including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Plus a 401(k) plan, vacation and sick plans.
- Standard Regional Manager Bonus Plan Metrics with 10% – 15% of Annual Salary as Potential
For consideration, please submit your resume by completing the form below or downloading the application here.
Woodmont is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, creed, ancestry, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.