Sacramento Region – F/T - Exempt
Woodmont Real Estate Services is seeking a Regional Vice President for the Sacramento Region in California. If you are a self-starter with strong leadership and business acumen who enjoys training, mentoring and building business relationships; this is the position for you. This position a responsible for the leadership of the Sacramento Regional Office including personnel, client relations/satisfaction, new business development and industry involvement. The position is fully accountable for the physical and financial performance and operations of multifamily and commercial properties by effectively coordinating through regional managers, property managers, all other persons, activities and available resources to accomplish company and owner objectives. The position will supervise, direct and mentor regional managers, site managers and administrative personnel assigned to the Sacramento region and be responsible for the administrative operations of that office. The portfolio consists of properties in varying submarkets throughout the greater Sacramento Area and Northern California.
Overall responsibilities include the following: maximize property rents, operating income and net operating income; control variable operating expenses to at or below approved budget and identify opportunities for cost savings; value enhancement; ensure property appearance is excellent at all times; maintain effective overall property merchandizing including daily maintenance issues as well as identifying economically justified enhancement opportunities; ensure property staff is professional, motivated, trained and top performing; achieve customer service satisfaction of residents and potential residents that is excellent; all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are accurately and timely completed; the property owner’s goals and objectives are consistently achieved. Management of Capital Projects adhering to property budgeted timelines and costs. Positively represent the company in the business community and within the industry. This position has a strong emphasis on expanding the Sacramento regional portfolio through Business Development from both existing clients and new clients, with support from the executive management team.
Principal Accountabilities and Essential Job Functions:
Denotes “essential functions” in accordance with the guidelines of The Americans with Disabilities Act. The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of the position.
- Supervise, Train, Lead Sacramento regional office staff and site managers.
- Primary relationship lead for all Sacramento clients in concert with executive management team.
- Primary responsibility for generating and developing new business leads in the Greater Sacramento Region.
- Develop and implement operating plans to maximize both rental income and ancillary income, maintain quality, reduce expenses and add value for each site.
- Develop detailed annual operating budgets and periodic reforecasts for assigned site with assistance of Property Manager consistent with owner objectives according to approved timeline. Also develop the budget for the Sacramento Regional Office.
- Prepare written monthly variance reports plus other associated reports after analyzing monthly financial package and submit timely.
- Fully accountable for the financial performance of each site assigned to VP.
- Review weekly reports including traffic, availability, delinquency, renter’s insurance, and reasons for move out, among others, and make operating adjustments as necessary.
- Conduct regular site visits of each site to review curb appeal, merchandising of common areas, presentation of model and focus units, personnel review, lease file audits, and any other issues requiring attention. Each site to be visited a minimum of three times monthly.
- Conduct site visits for Sacramento regional manager portfolios a minimum of quarterly.
- Retain high quality regional & site staff by interviewing and hiring candidates that meet company qualifications, training, motivating, and mentoring employees.
- Conduct and monitor performance by timely completion of performance evaluations and goal setting. Address and respond to personnel concerns and challenges promptly in accordance with company policy.
- Foster and develop good working relationships with clients, residents, staff and executive management team.
- Create positive resident relations at each site by promoting property positive communications and customized resident benefit programs and achieve high resident retention rates.
- Recommend necessary and value-added capital projects and oversee execution of capital projects per approved timelines and within budget with only necessary involvement from Building Services.
- Stay abreast of competitive properties and new projects in the pipeline affecting submarkets. Work in conjunction with marketing department to ensure necessary traffic generation and positive market position.
- Conduct physical inspections of all assets to evaluate condition relative to health, safety, risk management, and overall company standards (including maintenance shops).
- Regularly review and ensure all advertising and promotional materials are effective and of high quality.
- Maintain working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, eviction laws, and other legal issues including knowledge of governmental regulations impacting property and general business operations.
- Develop and foster positive vendor relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor degree required. Minimum of Ten (10) years’ prior Multifamily/Commercial Regional Property Manager experience required. Third-party management experience required. Prior supervisory experience required. Proven sales, marketing, management and customer service skills. Proven business development experience preferred. Experience with new developments/lease-ups. Knowledge of tenant, eviction and fair housing laws and applicable federal state and local laws, codes and regulations pertaining to the multifamily industry. Familiarity with Federal and California labor laws. Institutional client experience – Multifamily and Commercial preferred.
- Language Ability: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend reports and invoices. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Polished interpersonal skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding and direct staff to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several tangible variables in standardized situations. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities for yourself and others. Ability to assimilate and analyze information pertaining to market and economic conditions that may impact company and region goals.
- Computer Skills: Must have excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet. Experience with RealPage (One Site platform), MRI & Yardi property management software systems; as well as, YieldStar Revenue Management software required. Requires use of a Smartphone.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as add, subtract, multiply and divide, calculate discounts, interest, bonuses, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to assess financial performance and accurately forecast future financial performance. Firmly understand components of Total Operating Revenue, Variable Operating Expenses and Net Operating Income.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CA Real Estate Salesperson License required. CPM designation preferred. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Subordinate Jobs reporting to this position:
- Regional Property Managers (directly)
- Regional Administrative Assistant (directly)
- Property Managers (within own portfolio only)
Competitive Salary with bonuses
Full Time benefits including paid vacation and sick time as well as Medical/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance and 401(K) Plan
Drug Free workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer
*This recruitment is being managed by an Executive Search Firm, so when you submit your resume on this website, it will be directed to the search firm.