Santa Rosa Corporate Office, P/T (under 29 hours)
This part-time position offers 29 hours maximum of work per week and is primarily responsible for the completion of interior and exterior maintenance work at the various properties on a roving basis (travels from property to property as assigned). The position provides quality service in a helpful, friendly manner, providing superior service to tenants creating an atmosphere in which the building is a clean, safe and pleasant place to work. Performs job related tasks in an effective, cost saving manner. The position requires the ability to transport tools, building equipment and a ladder to perform the basic requirements of the job. Business mileage reimbursement included. Appropriate vehicle required.
- Perform daily routines as directed by the Vice President of Santa Rosa Corporate per requests from property managers and tenants.
- Maintain skills to effectively complete job duties including: light electrical, plumbing, painting and carpentry work, and all other applicable duties at the property.
- Repair and restore to proper condition, interior common area corridors, stairwells, lobbies, restrooms, shops, equipment rooms, storage areas, including but not limited to, doors, hardware, cabinets, floors, ceiling grid systems, plumbing, electrical, lighting and painting.
- Repair and restore to proper condition exteriors, including but not limited to, walls, doors, windows, hardware, plumbing, fences, carports/garages and exterior lighting.
- Depending on the needs of the property this position may also:
- Maintain proper inventory of supplies and parts; reorder and occasionally drive to pick up supplies.
- Purchase as needed, but not more than a 30-day supply.
- May be required to travel to and work at multiple sites daily.
- Report condition of vendored services to property manager upon request.
- Maintain a clean interior, including entry ways, sweep floors, empty trash containers, wipe down interior and exteriors of walls and windows as necessary. General clean of office and lobby, as needed.
- Maintain clean dumpster areas as needed. Push/pull dumpsters for pick-up as needed.
- Remove graffiti from interior and exterior areas as required.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and work on ladders often.
- Paint interior of common areas as directed by supervisor using proper tools and paint.
- Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain curb appeal of property; repaint curbs periodically upon request.
- Maintain and continually enhance knowledge of any and all property specific tasks such as electric gates, security systems or operation of specific tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; some previous work related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Language Ability: Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and associates. Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Knowledge of organizational and company policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Ability to follow proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures and standards. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Computer Skills: Prefer that you have good computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and the internet.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
- Maintain a valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Excellent opportunity to learn and grow with our large property management company
- Competitive salary and full-time benefits including: Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations, holiday and sick time
- Drug-free workplace
For consideration, please submit your resume by completing the form below or downloading the application here.
Woodmont is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, creed, ancestry, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.